Payback...

For all those that post beautiful food on their blogs. :0)

It is payback time to post some of my own. I know it is not really running stuff, but it is ALL healthy stuff and some of it was from craving from your blogs. lol



My morning breakie consisting of an oatmeal made with egg whites, cinnamon, ground flax seed, non-fat milk, and apples.








Lunch consisted of a peanut butter, banana, and honey on toasted whole wheat bread.









Supper, I decided to try a new recipe called Greek Roasted Chicken. I liked placing the lemon under the skin as it felt like I was some kind culinary chef. lol







The end result... It was DELISH!
(The rice stuffing was cooked inside the chicken)
I am realizing now though that I forgot the veggies but blame it on the excitement of a new dish.

There was a small garden salad too but, I figured there was enough pics.



So, hungry yet? :0)

To keep up with the copycat theme of the day here I also had my very first Iskiate (Chia seed Drink) mentioned in the popular book 'Born to Run' - forgot to take a pic though. Which reminds me, I had bought the audiobook of this and quite liked it so I went out and bought the real deal also.

Well you know that snow I had taken pictures of before? We got lots more and still are. I got stuck just outside my driveway this morning on my way to chiro so I had to shovel myself out. Not something I am really supposed to do right now and I did end up in quite a bit of pain. I think that really threw off the rest of my day here as I just can not get comfortable. I did try to do my 30 min walk... finished it, but I think I maybe should have just called it for the day. The rest of the night here I am just going to veg with my ice packs. I was considering heading out to another yoga class to stretch out but I believe the ice pack idea with a good movie would be better for me. There is always tomorrow.

Dreaming of running...

Walking: 30 mins
Stretching
Core work

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

O.K. Yes! You made me hungry!

WOW! Your blog is bright and cheerful looking! Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit and leaving a comment. It's always nice to know what others are thinking and I find I learn lots from the comments.

You have lived quite the life! I admire your tenacity! i get the sense you are bright and cheerful just like your blog!

Michelle said...

That peanut butter and banana sandwich looks amazing. I've never had one and now I have to try it.

Caroline Novak said...

Okay, I am starving now!! Love idea of putting the lemons on the Greek chicken, yummy. Such a healthy set of meals, too.

Unknown said...

Even your lunch looks wonderful and it's so simple! I hope your back feels better, good luck hanging out with the ice packs...I can only do that for so long!

Steel Springs said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to read more about your journey.

That peanut butter banana sandwich looks so good right now!