Lesson Learned

Today I have learned a valuable lesson.

DO NOT put on Lakota ointment on your skin anytime prior to going to a hot yoga class. WOW! I thought my skin was going to burn off because it sure felt like it was on fire. I had put some on this morning and once I started to warm up in yoga this afternoon, well that was it. I was wiggling around trying to get comfortable and even poured water on to my towel so I could try and wipe some of it off a good number of times - didn't work too well and only spread it. When I came home and checked out my skin, it was all really red and warm to the touch. Won't be repeating that mistake again.

So that was the biggest highlight of my day. :0)

(you can all laugh now)

Needless to say, I am done for workouts for the day.

Hot Yoga

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! I seem to do things like all the time. Hope you feel better!

stephruns said...

thanks for stopping by :)

you know, I never feel any effect from those ointments.

Amanda said...

First time poster. Thanks for following my blog!

That ointment sounds dangerous if it reactivates later. Got to be careful with stuff like that :)!

Unknown said...

guess that really put the HOT in hot yoga. lol

JavaChick said...

Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yikes! hope that the class was good despite that!