No Running Yet...

The verdict came... and I was not to happy but understand.  There was some hope that since my pain and discomfort has been almost completely gone here, I had a flare up yesterday working outside on the yard.  Today there has been some pain also.  It is funny though because just before I headed out for my bike with the running clinic last night, the pain went away, so I attempted to bike up one hill with the runners...  no problems!  So I biked up 2 more times with them and then back to the store.  I drove my bike there instead of riding it there because I did not want to take chances with the earlier pain.


So anyways, my acupuncture person (also a physiotherapist) said that running is going to have to wait a bit more yet here. :(  He is hoping next week will be ok to try running a bit.  I just have to remember that sometimes things healing can get worse before they get better...  I was careful in what I have been doing and making sure that I was not over doing it and the biking they said I could do only if there is no pain doing it - I had zero last night!  Oh well, I have the rest of my life to run and make up for it. :)  I guess they call this stage the 'runner's blues'...  I am trying hard though to find a replacement activity like my biking to stay active, but it just does not feel the same.  And now that the summer hours are happening for the pools... the times SUCK!!!  I really don't feel like getting up super early to go swimming.  I liked it better when they offered the mid-day times for lane swimming. :(

Well, the temp here is quite high and thank god for the air conditioning!  My son is at my mom's tonight for a sleepover and my hubby is away till tomorrow night, so I have the place to myself with my zoo.  I am going to have to find a movie here to sit and watch and would love to go on the stationary bike right now while watching it, but I was told to take it easy tonight. :(  I just have a hard time staying still sometimes! lol

I hope everyone has a great weekend here and has some lovely weather to take advantage of!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I tore my PCL and I am awaiting surgery and in the meantime there isn't a lot I am allowed to do activity wise. Then, I have a recoup time of about 6 weeks IF I'm a good girl. Its a good thing I game otherwise I would go insane. Good luck staying sane during your forced down time...you'll be back up and running in no time. :)

JavaChick said...

I get that it's disappointing, but it's not forever. Better to take your time and make sure things heal. Hang in there! I'm sure the end is in sight.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry about the verdict, but take the time to heal fully and properly, so you'll be less susceptible to chronic injury. i know it sucks, but like you said, it's not forever. take it easy