My son is off!

I am finally learning to listen to people. lol  I am not going to my son's camping trip. :)  After the bike riding and going out for supper on Sat. night, there was too much pain and discomfort that I realized that going on this trip would not be my best plan for healing.  I am still going to bike but I am going to watch a bit closer to make sure my intensity is kept on the easy side.  I thought I was careful enough yesterday, but I will need to try a bit more.


My son's team meeting at school went well and we have a good outlook on his next year.  Both the resource teacher and the principal have said that this year was amazing for him as he has come so far.  Granted, as much as I hate him being on meds,  I believe we have finally found the right combination this year.

So, for the next fews days, I will be a worried mom about my son (I know he will do fine without me) :) and I will be working on getting better.  I am schedule to work on Thurs. (I was pre-booked over a month ago) but just realized that this high school has LOTS of stairs... hmmm... This should be interesting. :)  I am not going to take a shift on Friday as I know I am going to need the recovery time.   Since I am not a regular contract worker anymore, I don't get sick pay so this is really killing me right now - financially.

On the good news front though, yesterday was my last day of washing clothes by hand as my NEW washing machine arrives today!!! Ya hooo!  Pretty sad when you get excited about things like this.

Food wise, I am really trying hard today to get back on track here and lose the remaining wt wanted.  I know I can do this, I just have to get myself back on the right mentality to do it.  Everyday has been progressing better here, it is just not as much as I would like to see.

As for running, I REALLY miss it and I am going to try my darnedest to get better here so I can hit the roads again. :)  Yesterday was nice being out there with the group, but more like a temporary band-aid I feel.  So, I am going to have to take my stretches and strengthening exercises that physio gave me and try to earn some good APs with that. :)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

JavaChick said...

I completely get the washing machine thing. When we bought our house, the appliances came with which was great...until we realized the washing machine leaked all over the floor everytime we used it. We looked into fixing it, but it couldn't be done. I was so thrilled when we finally got a new one...I am still very fond of my washing machine and it's been years now!

Tanya said...

I am glad you came to decison that was right for you. Before you know you will be out running again.

Anonymous said...

I think you made a good decision to stay back and rest your knee. Congrats on the new washing machine! I totally understand the excitement. I got mine last year LOL! Keep taking it easy and enjoy the down time. You'll be up and running again in no time -)

Marisa_Lyn285 said...

Hey.. Haven't been on blogger in awhile. Glad to see you're still doing well. Heal quick!