Its only getting better :)

This morning I biked to the clinic, with the clinic during their 7 km, and then home.  There was a bit of discomfort this time but I would expect that after around 1.5 hrs of riding... I made sure that I took it nice and slow and easy. :)  The only hard part was a set of stairs that I had to go down and then up again. :(  THAT part was not easy at ALL!  It was a gorgeous day out though by the riverbank!!! 


Last night I headed out for supper with one of my friends to celebrate her birthday AND losing 114 lbs!!!! WOW!  She looks absolutely AMAZING!  It ended up being a bit of a treat meal for the both of us as we enjoyed our real ceasar salad, pasta, and the endless amount of bread. :)  It sure was a good thing that I went out this am. :op

Today I really have to try to get the laundry done somehow...  I can't really haul it all somewhere as I can't really do that right now.  So, I am opting to attempt to do some more by hand.  Wish me luck!  My new washing machine arrives tomorrow... one day a bit too late for when I really need it.

My son and I are supposed to be going to his camping trip here tomorrow for 3 days but my hubby does not think it is the right thing for me to do right now.  I am a bit on the fence with this one... part of me is saying you can handle it and the other is saying you need to rest.  ARGH!  I really hate to tell them that I can't because I have already promised them that I would - and these camps rely on parents for volunteers to make them happen.  I can't help with the cooking because I can't stand very long and I can't really help with most of the other activities.  I don't just want to be a bump on the log acting like it is a vacation for me either...  The only thing I would be good at is chaperoning the girls cabin at night.  Just driving out there for the nights would be hard for the cost of gas right now (NOTE: 135.9!!! :(  ) and the drive is 2 hrs long each way.  It is going to be hard enough just to drive out and back the one time.  What would any of you do?

Well that is my dilemma for the day.  The rest of the day I will be doing my best to rest and stay OP. :)

Hope everyone's day is going well here.

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sounds like you're getting better, but if you still need rest, take it. still lots of running to get out there to do... :)

i managed today to register for the Nike+ Women's 1/2 marathon Oct 19th, the virtual one. I can't remember if you use the Nike+ kit already, and have registered for www.nikeplus.com, but i wanted to let you know that you need to change the country to the US in order to see where to register. If you stay on the Canadian site, you won't see the event, and won't be able to register. I already reported this to Nike... and hopefully it'll be changed soon.

anyway, if you DO go camping, enjoy, if you don't go, i'm sorry :(

Tanya said...

I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Good for you to do all the bike riding. As for the camping maybe talk to school tell them you are hurt and your limations and see what they say. Have a great day!