2nd post again here... :(

I just got a call from England.  They are calling the family in because the doc doesn't think my grandma (great grandma) is going to make it here another day...  I have been making sure that I have had the money to go since she has been deteriorating, but ended up paying for school with it.  Now, I can't go unless we can find a way for me to.  There is a bunch of the family that are getting ready to head out except for the ones that are not Canadian citizens yet including my mom.  She hasn't worried about this until now... and she is pretty upset about the whole thing.  She was the favorite grandchild and I was the favorite great grandchild...  I wish I had been smarter with my money and now I am paying for it.  So, if I am not around for the next couple of days, I made it to England.  Just so you know.


Five living generations... now soon to be 4. :( My husband does not quite understand all this as part of his family are not as close as ours as he grew up.  My grandmother came to Canada many a times and just since around the time that I have met my husband, she was not able to travel as much as she used to and he was never able to meet her.  Its too bad because I think they would have got along greatly - both stubborn. :)  I am also going to check my airmiles out too here.  So, we will see what happens.

She would have been turning 100 this year...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your great grandmother. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to make it out there. ((Hugs))

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry to hear about your great-grandmother, and i too hope you get out there :( all the best

Tanya said...

I am so sorry about your grandma. I hope there is away to make it there. Is it possible to put in on credit card and worry about it later. Maybe not the best financil thing to do but at least it will get you there.

JavaChick said...

So sorry to hear this. Hope you can find a way to make the trip.