Another post today cause...





... I DID IT!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!  5k baby done in get this... 28:53 mins! :) New PB for me. :) 


It was beautiful out, +7, sunny, and the paths were clear.  *whew*  That snow cleared up pretty fast!

When I got there, there was about ~200 people there and I did not know a soul and met some lovely ladies.  We were talking about the course (saw the map finally) and we did not have to do the bridge, BUT... we had to run part of the most hilly part of the trail for the 5k.  It was a hard run and I told the ladies that I was just hoping to finish it in about just under 33 mins.  Much to my surprise when I saw my time at the end. :)  I started right in the very back of the pack - pretty much the last person and wove my way around the crowd to my comfortable pace, opened up my stride and off I went.  I stopped for 30 secs once to fix my sock.... that was it.  That really makes me hopeful of what I can accomplish on a flatter course. :)

Goal accomplished. :)

Here are some pics above.

run: 5.02 km/28:53 mins!, avg 5:45 mins/km

7 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great time!!!!! congrats! glad the roads cleared up for you nicely too! :D

Froggie-George said...

Congratulations :)))

Very proud of you!

JavaChick said...

Way to go! Excellent accomplishment.

:)

Momma Bear said...

Way to go on the PB! That's very exciting! You look all athletic in your gear! :)

Yahoo Htabby! :)

Tanya said...

You did great! I am so proud of you and I bet you are proud of yourself too.

Momma Bear said...

Hi there! I'm going to send my running stuff to your email ok? :) Chat with you there! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Happy to hear you had fun and the weather was on your side!