went to the doc...

Good news... nothing broken, bad news... bruised ribs and such.  I knocked things around pretty good when I hit the ground.  So yes, there is nothing I can do but take some pain killers (he prescribed) which make me ill.  :(  I can't go running until things feel better.  I am going nuts here though.  There is only so much I can handle of sitting around!  Today it looks like it is going to be another rest day... *sigh*  I had to try snowboarding at least once in my life though...


Well I have to tell you a funny story from last night.  While I was 'happily' medicated, I decided to make an angel food cake with my son.  Now I swear that I read on a post that someone used diet pop mixed with it to make it more pt friendly...  So my son and I started making it.  We poured in the diet sprite in the mix and it starts to foam... I am OK, I guess it is supposed to do that (haven't made an angel food cake before) and we put it in the oven and set the timer.  Oh my... 5 mins later my son comes from the kitchen going 'oh no!' and I am like OK what's wrong?  Austin says that the cake is exploding and oozing all over the place.  So, you know kids exaggerate so I was not too worried until I saw for myself...  Sure enough, there was angel food cake, exploding/oozing all over my oven.  So, what does a girl do that belongs to ww?  Post on the GDT board.  lol  So I asked what did I do wrong when I made this cake.  I guess you are supposed to mix pop with cake and fruit and other stuff with angel food cake!  Someone had posted that when you mix angel food cake with pop, it is like the science volcano experiment... Ya I know that now!  I had a volcano in my oven!  So, key lessons learned: 1) don't try to bake when medicated and 2) pop + angel food cake only belongs in science class.  lol

Today there will be no baking of cakes.  We did manage to salvage some of the cake that ended up being very light and bubbly (less pts!  lol) I just let it cook because I did not want to see our efforts lost.  Tomorrow though, I am looking at making the low point brownies... the one's with bran and a low-fat brownie mix?  I think I will research that one a bit more before I attempt it.  :)

For supper today, I haven't got a clue.  My week is so messed up at the moment and every thing seems turned around on me.  Good news though is that I am getting lots of homework done. :)  So as I said earlier, no exercise for me today.  :(

Tomorrow is challenge wi so I am going to be careful with the sodium and up my water.  I am really hoping for an at least stay the same... 

Quit Smoking: 1 month, 1 day!