Family Day

Well, for the second year in a row SK gets Family Day. It is minus 23 out this morning but is supposed to go to minus 10 this afternoon. I think I am going to go hunting for the skates and search for a rink with Austin or if we can't find one that is not taken over by hockey, we may go swimming. I am not too sure if Jason will go or not. Swimming is an option too.

I will be taking the two bigger dogs to the dog park though. I can't take Denver because of his dog aggression issues. A common trait for the Chihuahua. Its funny because he was my little star athlete in dog agility for the first year and a half and then one day we went to the dog park and something happened... Don't know... but he started to go after everyone and anything. I have taken him to obedience privately but it still is not getting better. We even have gotten tests done by the vet to make sure everything was ok. I was told it was the chihuahua and at about his age is when the dominance and aggression really can come out and also that dog parks weren't always the best thing to bring a dog to. I understand part of their reasoning but in someways it is hard to swallow. My other two are great. I took Tala, my husky through her first two levels of agility and then decided this wasn't for her. As a typical husky, she did what she wanted when she wanted, but knew it though. Cleo on the other hand is my star athlete. She knows the different parts of the courses quite well and has completed all her levels. The next for her is competition if I have time this year. She loves it. There... now you know more about my dogs.

Yesterday, I had the funniest craving. About 10 years ago I used to make a peanut butter coating for my popcorn and wanted it in the worst way yesterday. So I arranged my points and made what I remembered for the coating. (1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp the lightest corn syrup I could find, and 1/4 tsp of lite marg) I did it this way so points would not be too much of a shocker. So with 6 cups of popcorn it works out to be 8 pts. I had half and my son had the other. It satisfied my craving. Tonight I am going to try to make the diet coke chicken. I will let you know what I think tomorrow.

Well, things are getting better in the non-smoking department for me. I had some ruff parts yesterday and did not touch one so it is now over a week! :) I can do this.

On the weight loss part of my life, I am happy to see that things are coming off. I know ww works, I just got worried because I am not as young as I was the last time I lost, when I lost a huge amount. I can really start to tell now with my pants. There is only the odd day that I have not planned my food properly and that is when I get hungry.

So today my exercise plans are a walk, yoga, challenge exercises and what ever family day activity we do.

walk
yoga
challenge exercises
Quit smoking: Day 9

1 comments:

Momma Bear said...

Over a week of non-smoking! Yahoo! My sister quit around the same time you did, so I get updates from her. I'll be talking to her on the phone and she'll go "Hold on... pant, pant, pant, puff, puff, puff...! Wanna cigarette! Not gonna have one! Pant, pant, pant!!!" Heehee, poor girl! I understand how hard it must be for both of you, but well done! :)

How did you Family Day turn out?