My Motivation

One of my favourite quotes that I always think of:



"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
                                                      - by John Bingham

Like so many people out there, many of us have stories behind us and what prompted us to run in the first place.  Some reasons were: weight loss, getting fit and healthy, physio, coming back from major injuries, surgeries, and life threatening illnesses like cancer (just to name a few).  Some of us were told that we would never be able to run...

And then proved them wrong.



Why did you start to run?

 photo 7a48f52c-7ffa-4f4b-9de8-23bd719504e4.png

4 comments:

Girl Goes Running said...

In an attempt to live a healthier lifestyle I started running. Once I saw how it was positively affecting my body I was hooked. I have my husband to thank as well since he got me into marathoning!

Unknown said...

That is awesome that he was able to get you in to marathoning. :) I wish my husband was a runner...

Runner Leana said...

When I was a kid I was not athletic at all. I would get so discouraged as we would run the mile in phys ed class and I would consistently finish at the back of the pack. My phys ed teacher even lamented over my lack of talent for running, stating that "but you've got such long legs!"

In university a friend (Nikki from slownewfast.com) suggested running the Vancouver Sun Run (10K). Despite my hatred of running I agreed to sign up and somehow or other I got hooked because of that race. I've felt a definite need to prove that while I may not have natural talent to run fast I do have an ability to run (and long distances too).

Congratulations on proving people wrong and creating your running journey!

Unknown said...

Thank you! It is funny how one running event can change you. The Vancouver Sun Run would have been an amazing first running event to do.