Less Than 22 Days...

And I am going to be walking a half marathon with my hubby and friend! I am not heading out for any PR's but just for the fun of it. Things have been going well on the moving around bit, but just can't sit down... lol. My friend and I walked last year and I am going to head out again with her and my hubby said he would like to join us! May I just add that he hasn't trained as of yet... I did politely ask if he was SURE about doing it... ;0) He said, "yep."


So, yeah, have not been around much as we have been pretty busy. Myself, I have been getting up at 5:30 am with the dogs out for either a brisk walk, or a run/walk every day except Saturdays where I bike with the two dogs. I am still doing my yoga and LOTS of stretching. I am trying to get to the pool for some laps but just haven't made it yet.

Heartrate Training is going wonderful and I am re-learning about putting on the breaks and not going full out wearing myself down. No new injuries to report so things must be going right. :0) My times are getting better so cardio wise I am happy. Not even close to where I was but heh, I am in no rush and not out to win anything.

Work wise I am back to full days at work as of this week and managing as expected. We still haven't completely finished the old house or even finished unpacking this house but... we have a NEW internet provider as of Tuesday!!! Yeah! No more problems. :0) I can write emails, blogs, play mahjong... with no more interruptions and lost information - spending WAY too much time recomposing everything.

Other than that things have been really looking up besides the odd situation like me leaving my lights on my vehicle and getting stuck in the snow storm till someone could boost me, or my little 3 lb puppy getting sick on me for a week... by the way, he is doing much better now and this morning he had his very first haircut.

It is so great to hear from all of you and I do read up on a lot of you here and there, I just have had little bits of time here and there to get on here.

So, there is what I have been up to in a nut shell, more to come, but enough for now. :0) I need my beauty sleep for a 17 km walk bright and early tomorrow...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Sounds like you're ready for that half marathon and I'm sure you'll all have a blast. Keep moving forward :)!

SeaBreeze said...

Good for you for walking another half and for checking in with your partners. I worry that my BF isn't ready to run our half in 5 days, but we're signed up.

JavaChick said...

Glad to hear that things have been going well - you sound very positive and up which is good!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd pop by and say hi! Hope your half marathon went well, and hope your doing well :-)

Unknown said...

i debated walking an upcoming half marathon in mid august but decided to volunteer instead. hope the half was a success for you!