And the verdict is...

... LCL tear (don't know what grade yet), ITB, cartilage damage, and a couple of other things I can't remember the names of let alone the spelling of them. :(  I am going to be going to physio here as soon as I can get in and then in two weeks time I am to go back to the doc and he is sending me to an orthopedic for further stuff - possibility of surgery. :(  Not what I want to hear, but when I discussed everything with him and we went over when I tripped before I went to England, he said it all made sense and it was not healed properly and did not notice the some other things cause they were not as bad then.  So when I ran... I made things worse. :(  Do I not tell everyone else to STOP as soon as they have pain and NOT to RUN!!!!  I really should listen to myself sometimes and stop this running block mind of a mentality.  I just had to laugh at the medic at the course though after the race, she just shook her head at me and said 'I swear you runners are the worst!" lol  She is soooo right.


So... my HBC 10k run on July 1st has now gone to a 3k walk - even if I am doing it with crutches!!  I am just terrible aren't I. lol  I really want the shirt and medal... I will of course speak to all the professionals first about it though... I will be smarter about it.  Promise.

So right now I have a supportive brace on until we can afford a hinged one.  This one does have the flexible support bands on the side but it is not the full amount of support that I need right now.  I am on crutches again.  I HATE those things!  All this and my husband had to leave this am for another trip and will not be back until late Wed night.  My son has been VERY supportive though and has helped me with the animals and such.  What a sweetie heh?  :)  I swear he would make a good doc or nurse some day as he is so helpful to others when they are sick or injured.

Well, that is about it for today.  The doc gave me some good drugs here and I am not susposed to lay down for 30 mins afterwards... but I am sooooo tired and just want to sleep. lol

Hope everyone has had a good day and talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I am sorry about the injury. Try and take care of yourself. I am sending you hugs.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

That totally sucks, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury.... but congrats on finishing your first 1/2 marathon, and i'm sure that once you get fixed up, you will be even more determined to beat your goals. your son sounds like mine, very caring and helpful, very sweet. take care of yourself, and keep me posted on what's going on :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girly, you did a number on yourself! Take it easy and let your knee heal.Hope you feel better soon =)