It has been a while...

Well good day all, the last month or so here has been interesting for me as I have come to a realization that I need to do something about my health. BP is up and I am to young for this. I managed to get off of meds before by losing weight so here I am again.

So, here's the nut shell from the beginning. First of all I did not want to relate all this weight loss stuff with the new year resolution thing. I began this for my health first and vanity second. I must say though that in the last month my energy has increased tremendously and I am feeling awesome! So anyways, I started WW on Dec. 30/07 and to date I have lost 9 lbs and 9 inches! I am so happy and I am mad at myself for not doing this sooner. I am working out again which feels great! I did have an original plan to start running again, but I need to take this slow and easy and not jump into it so fast from my long absence from it. So instead I am focusing on walking briskly everyday, and other cardio. I went to try out this 'hot yoga' that I keep on hearing about but the instructor was sick so they brought in another one that did not know what to do. I will be going back this week to try it.

Other than that, I have been cooking and trying out new recipes like mad! My family has never seen me cook so much. But it is great! I always ask them is this a keeper or not, and if it is I mark it down in my book. And heh, I cooked my first cake in the slow cooker 2 days ago and I am impressed (that one was a keeper by the way).

Well, next Friday I had a goal with this one challenge to get to 135 lbs, (that was before I found out that my scale was wrong). I never changed my goal (the 4 lbs out) but I am going to give it my best shot this week! That means a 2.6 lbs weight loss. If I do not make it, that is ok cause I have already made it if I had adjusted my goal.

So, as I learn more about this site, I hope to post some recipes, pics and favorite links.